Healthy Food. When you want to get toned abs making exercise is not enough. You should choose carefully what you eat and how much you eat. Here is the list of the most appropriate food to eat when you want to lose a couple of pounds and to have toned abs. Healthy Food
1)Green leafy vegetables – spinach, broccoli, lettuces, rhubarb and sorrel. Probably you won’t burn fat, but surely you will be full with minimal calories. Their high content of vitamins and antioxidants reduces appetite and protects against cardiovascular disease, cancer and memory loss.
2)Pulses – you should not overdo them, because they can cause stomach problems. But they are necessary because they are one of the best sources of protein, fiber and iron.
3)Oatmeal / porridge – they have really great qualities. They can reduce cholesterol levels because they are rich in soluble fiber. It is better if oatmeal is not sweetened. If you still want to be sweeter – sweeten it with fruit or honey.
4) Olive oil – rich in good fats, which are believed to be beneficial for the body.
5) Whole Grains – some sources of carbohydrates are not very appropriate for the diet – white bread, white rice, pasta while others, such as whole grains, are very suitable, healthy and necessary. They are not processed and are high in fiber and minerals we need.
6) Cucumbers -they are rich in water and have low salt content. They contain very few calories. All this makes them the perfect food that keeps our figure.
7) Grilled vegetables – you can use onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus.
8) Watermelon – it is rich in water and vitamin C and has very few calories.
9) Onions and garlic – they literally kill our body fat, and cholesterol. It is used to fight the viruses, bacteria, fungi and protect against cardiovascular disease. In addition to that they enhance immunity.
10) Cayenne pepper – this “hot” spice reduces the risk of excess insulin in the body, increases metabolism and reduces glucose.
11) Turmeric – a popular spice used primarily in Indian cuisine and one of the best known sources of beta-carotene – an antioxidant that helps to protect the liver from freeradicals. Also, it strengthens the liver and reduces the accumulation of body fat.
12) Cinnamon – U.S. study shows that adding some cinnamon to the meal, sugar metabolism speeds up to twenty times. A surplus of sugar in the blood can lead to accumulation of fat.